2018 GLAE Song Writing Contest Application
You must be a registered participant.
Application must be submitted by 6:00 p.m. Thursday, June 21, 2018 to Elise Bryant, email@example.com
Song/Poem Title: ______________________________________
CATEGORY (choose one):
_____ The “Bread and Roses” Best Labor/Social Justice Poem ($200): An original composition with lyrics that addresses issues of peace, justice and/or union solidarity.
_____ The Jon Fromer “String-buster” Ballad ($200): An original composition with lyrics that address the issues of peace, justice, and/or union solidarity with passion and conviction.
_____ The Julie McCall Best Parody ($200): a “re-purposed” or original song of political satire.
_____ The Talkin’ Union Spoken Word ($200): a hip-hop song/poem that addresses issues of peace, justice and/or union solidarity.
_____ The Joe Glazer Best Union Song ($200): an original song that celebrates, uplifts, and promotes union solidarity or documents an historic event in labor history.
- A song/poem written between 2015 and 2018
- Limit: one song or poem per contestant.
- Must identify song by category designations (i.e., “Jon Fromer Ballad”)
- Must apply by Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
- Composers (or designee) must present at the designated Arts Exchange on Friday evening, June 22, 2018. Winning pieces will be performed by the awardee (or designee) during the Saturday night concert.
- Each GLAE participant gets one vote, per category to determine winners.