Great Labor Arts Exchange (GLAE)
Featuring the Conference on Creative Organizing (CCO)
June 28-30, 2013
Conference Center at the Maritime Institute (near Baltimore, MD)
Proposals must be submitted by May 3, 2013
Calling labor artists, organizers, and cultural workers who promote and fuel the labor and progressive movements!
Must include a short paragraph that lists: name of presentation, name of presenter(s), and a description of the workshop content and goals; learning objectives or take-a-ways for the participants. Please also provide phone, email, and/or address information for contact by conference planners.
We are looking for
- Workshops and presentations for the Great Labor Arts Exchange and the Conference on Creative Organizing.
- Workshop/ proposals should be interactive in nature and can be as creative as you are!!
- We are looking for workshops/presentations that highlight the arts and culture of the labor movement using cultural tools to combat fear and inject “excitement” into union, community, and political campaigns.
- We also encourage proposals that promote multi-generational, cross-cultural, and cross movement solidarity.
- We strive for a good mix of both issues-based and skill-share workshops.
Submit your proposal to the GLAE & CCO by May 3, 2013. You are encouraged to submit early. We prefer proposals to be submitted electronically to email@example.com subject: Workshop Proposal Submission
Or submit proposals on paper to:
Labor Heritage Foundation
Workshop Proposal Submission
815 16th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006
Register and pay for yourself/organization using the registration form or online at www.laborheritage.org
Submit as many proposals/presentations/workshops as you would like.
Notification of acceptance to present at the 2013 GLAE & CCO will be communicated to the contact person listed on the proposal.
For descriptions and examples of past workshops contact our office at 202-639-6204 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org